What’s New – Announcements
Attention 11th Grade Students/Families
This communication is for the parents/guardians of Doss High School 11th GRADE students ONLY. Please refer to your email to access various language translations of the consent form if needed.
Important ACT information
All students throughout the state of Kentucky who are listed as an 11th grade (Junior) in Infinite Campus will take the State Mandated ACT beginning on March 7, 2023. Students will test with their academy on the academy specific test date and additional information will follow in the coming weeks.
Parents/Guardians MUST complete a Privacy Consent Form for their student(s).
- Selecting "YES" on the consent form allows ACT to send score reports to colleges/universities/NCAA/Military/Scholarship Organizations.
- Selecting "NO" on the consent form means that ACT will NOT be allowed to send their free score reports to schools and organizations. Additionally, if a parent/guardian does not fill out the Consent Form, ACT will NOT be allowed to send the FREE score reports.
You can digitally sign the consent form here: ACT Privacy Consent Form. This information can also be found in 11th grade English teacher Google Classrooms as well as on the Doss High School website at www.dosshighschool.com.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to the Building Assessment Coordinator, Anne Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Consent Forms are due by Friday, February 10.
To see all the great things happening at Doss read the November Newsletter!
Please take note of the following bus concerns:
- Due to ongoing transportation shortages across the district, there may be delays on bus routes on any given day. You can use the following link to check the status of your bus. You will need to know the bus number to track delays.
- If you are still trying to find your bus and or bus stop, you can use to following link to look up your bus number and bus stop.
- Students that ride bus # 1733 will have a sub bus to start the school year and a delayed morning pick-up time.
- First Run A.M. is now bus # 1343 and will pick up an hour later than original time
- Second Run A.M. is now bus # 1254 and will pick up 30 minutes later than original time
- Both afternoon run time are as originally scheduled
- Please use the “Bus Delay Dashboard” link above to see if any changes have taken place
Welcome Dr. Julie Chancellor, New Doss HS Principal!
We are excited to share that our new Doss High School Principal, Dr. Julie Chancellor, began Monday, August 8, 2022 and is ready to meet and greet students for the new school year. Please read this link from JCPS on her hiring.
Click on the link to view the Doss High School Promotional Video Doss Video 2022-23
Doss High School is proud to partner with several local businesses to guarantee authentic, relevant learning experiences for our students. These partners engage with the Doss community during advisory board meetings; make generous donations of money, time, and talent; host field trips; come in as. guest speakers; and employ our students. We are grateful for all they do to support the Doss family!